Last year Tree Aid reached over 365,000 people and planted nearly two million trees in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Niger and Ethiopia to help improve incomes and restore and protect the land. Become a trustee with Tree Aid today and help tackle poverty and the effects of the climate crisis.
Over the years, Tree Aid has built up a strong reputation internationally as a high performing organisation that delivers on its promises. Innovative, knowledgeable and specialist, the charity focuses on the role of trees in tackling poverty and combatting the climate crisis in Africa’s drylands by working in partnership with local communities, using forestry and natural resource management.
Now, Tree Aid is recruiting new trustees with experience in:
- Campaigning & Advocacy
- Finance & Corporate Governance
- International Development
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s most vulnerable people living on the frontline of the climate crisis.
You will be joining an existing team of passionate and experienced trustees to support the organisation’s mission, strategic direction and growth over the coming years by:
- Ensuring that Tree Aid has a clear vision, mission and strategy
- Being responsible for the of the oversight of the performance of Tree Aid
- Ensuring that Tree Aid’s governance is of the highest possible standard
- Holding the Chief Executive accountable for the achievement of the organisation’s goal
- Ensuring that Tree Aid complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 18th July 2021
Start Date: September 2021
Interviews are expected to take place in the last week of July 2021
About Tree Aid
A solution to poverty and the climate crisis