Started in the summer of 2020, The Rebel With A Cause (TRWAC) is now looking to recruit a new Director of Human Resources to help them raise awareness about blood, organ and bone marrow donations in the BAME community.
BAME people make up 34% of people in the UK waiting for a kidney transplant but only around 12% of the UK population. Not only is the BAME community more prone to kidney disease for a variety of reasons, on average they have to wait 25% longer for a suitable organ, and it’s the same situation for bone marrow transplants and blood donations.
To tackle these issues, TRWAC want to raise awareness in the BAME community and encourage more donations of organs, blood and bone marrow, to give the community facts and answer the difficult questions so people can make informed choices.
About the Role
You will have overall responsibility for the recruitment of staff required for the various projects and set up systems and processes for keeping HR records. You will work with the existing directors to set goals and targets for each staff member and review staff quarterly following best practice.
You will contribute to the strategy for the organisation and liaise with senior stakeholders in the media, local authority, funders and partners.
- To assist with the management of all budgets in line with financial procedures and manage the HR budget economically.
- Recruit staff as and when required
- On boarding
- Supervising DBS checks
- Implementing staffing structure.
- Dealing with all HR issues as they arise
- Quarterly Reviews for all staff members
- Attend directors meetings
You will have:
- Experience of leading a team
- An understanding of HR policies and processes
- Ability to write reports
- An understanding of Employment Law and how it impacts the voluntary sector
- Community Liaison skills
- Ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Computer literate (Office Packages)
How to Apply
The Rebel With A Cause ask that you complete an online Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form as well as a few aptitude questions. Just click on the links here and submit your answers online:
Once these are completed, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An updated CV
- Cover letter (No more than 200 words)
Please feel free to email TRWAC or email@example.com if you would like any help with your application. BeOnBoard is happy to provide support at any stage of the application, whether it’s your CV, covering letter, or prepping you for interview.