COMMUNICATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS MANAGER – PART TIME
BeOnBoard is recruiting for a new team member to join it as it continues in its mission to deliver inclusive leadership.
We are committed to changing the face of Boards in Bristol and beyond. We want to increase our team over the next year to enable us to effect change more quickly, and by joining us now you can have an integral part in how we shape the organisation.
In our first year we have worked with organisations across Bristol, including UWE, Business West, NatWest and others. We need you to join us to increase the number of partnerships we have and encourage businesses to use BeOnBoard to help them engage with communities across Bristol. We also need to communicate to a wider audience the impact we have had so far, and to increase our candidate base.
You will be able to build relationships with local community leaders, politicians and leaders of commerce, with a view to working together in the future. You will be a fantastic communicator and a natural networker. You will be able to work independently, and at the same time help to support and inspire those you work with.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate, committed, and energetic.
Initially a part time role (a flexible 3 days a week), we hope to put it up to full-time as we increase our impact, and our income.
Salary: £35,000 pro-rata (£21,000)
Deadline: 31st March – though please apply ASAP as we will be offering interviews on a rolling basis.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the role please send your C.V, and up to a two page covering letter explaining why you would like to work with BeOnBoard and addressing the points below, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Required knowledge and experience:
- A detailed understanding of the issues around equality and inclusion, preferably having worked in an organisation working in this area before
- Experience of delivering strategic communications or communications and engagement activity in a complex, political and/or stakeholder environment.
- Experience of developing and delivering successful multichannel communications and engagement plans and/or campaigns
- Experience of building and nurturing strong, sustained and purposeful relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of managing complex issues, which are of strategic importance to an organisation
- Ability to think, act and plan strategically
- First rate verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Event management experience
Also need to be:
- Passionate about the work BeOnBoard is delivering and driven by values and the change we can make.
- Flexible in your working, in a way that suits the needs of a small start-up organisation
- Tapped into Bristol’s communities with an understanding of the local politics and the needs affecting the people that live here
3 NEW TRUSTEES
Develop your leadership skills at Wider World and help them enter an exciting new phase of development
Since 2014, Wider World has been supporting some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged children to develop character strengths and life skills through stimulating enrichment experiences.
They are now undergoing an exciting development stage to update their on-going strategy and set out 3 a year development plan. To help Wider World grow and achieve its vision over the years to come, they are looking to expand their Board of Trustees.
In particular, they want:
It’s a brilliant time to get involved because you will be using your skills and experience to move Wider Word into a new phase of development and at the same time give your leaderships skills a real boost.
HOW TO APPLY
Email email@example.com before March 31st with a short, up-to-date CV and covering letter
To find out more about Wider World, click HERE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Gain valuable Board experience and enable people to learn, grow and thrive with these 3 available Board roles
The urban oasis has been at the heart of the local community for almost 40 years, offering volunteering opportunities, family activities, supported training for adults with learning difficulties & mental health concerns, outdoor education, and youth & community engagement with Ashley, Easton and Lawrence Hill wards.
As a trustee, you will be working with the Farm leadership team to guide the charity as it continues to grow and make sure it delivers for its beneficiaries. In particular, they are looking for:
• 1 x trustee with Financial experience
• 1 x trustee with Business /Start-up Enterprise experience
• 1 x trustee with Health & Safety Experience
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 31st with:
• an up to date CV
• and a letter of application stating why you would like to become involved and what you can offer the Farm as a Trustee.