With 92% of Trustees being white and 95% of charitable organisations recruiting by word of mouth, the VCSE sector needs drastic change…
With a clear and compelling case for diverse leadership, join us in future workshops at the start of the new year! Our #InTrusteesWeTrust free online events feature insightful chats with special guest speakers on their lived experiences as change-makers who have literally stepped-up to help alter the face of our boardrooms in the VCSE sector. Our speakers will give top actionable tips on how to boost representation, become more relevant and resilient, drive recruitment and retention and support revenue generation whilst reducing risks to your reputation.
So far, our free sessions have looked at diversity from the perspective of the new trustee and through the lens of race. Our panellists have explored what organisations can do to create a culture of belonging that welcomes and embraces difference, diversity of thought and lived experience to drive mission impact.
In 2021, our workshops have been hosted by diversity disruptors Julz Davis and Ruth Pitter who have spoken with a range of inspiring change-makers including:
- Yvonne Gordon (AgeUK Bristol)
- Renée Jacobs (B In Bath)
- Kam Govind (Vision North Somerset)
- Roger Griffiths MBE (Black & Green Ambassadors)
- Manu Maunganidze (Chair of Eastside Community Trust & Trustee on Green Partnerships Board)
- Dr Shawn Naphtali Sobers (Fairfield House Trustee & Associate Professor at the University of the West of England)
- Pauline Swaby-Wallace (Bath Ethnic Minority Senior Citizens Association)
Together our speakers and hosts will show organisations how they can diversify their Boards, increase cognitive diversity of thought and deliver better governance to increase mission impact.
Please express interest by clicking the button below and we will confirm timings and speakers in due course.