GGLT is an inclusive trust that celebrates diversity and difference. If you want to be a part of a trust that values people and is committed to delivering outstanding teaching and learning across all of its schools, then GGLT want to hear from you.
About the Trust
Gatehouse Green Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust comprising five schools, all firmly rooted in their communities in Bristol. Altogether, there are over 3,500 people in the trust’s care and more than 400 members of staff who share the same vision and values:
- To be inclusive, celebrating diversity and difference.
- To ensure all of the trust’s children have access to the highest quality of education.
- To respect the contribution all staff make to the children’s education.
- That the children will be proud of their schools and communities and learn how to make an active contribution to their development.
- To collaborate and learn with and from each other, parents and partners.
- To be honest, transparent and fair.
About the role
Gatehouse Green Learning Trust is looking for trustees with commercial experience, strong links to the community, a good network and who share the trust’s vision and values.
As a trustee at GGLT, you will work with the Chair, the other members of the Trust Board and the Executive Team to ensure the delivery of the Trust’s strategic objectives and to ensure that its mission and values are upheld. In particular, you will:
- Support the continuous development of the Trust.
- Impartially monitor performance of the Trust and its Schools against strategic priorities of the Trust
- Ensure that there is effective and robust governance
- Act in a way that takes collective responsibility for the Trustees and provides challenge to the Executive.
- In addition and outside of Board meetings, provide constructive challenge and advice to the Executive team on financial performance and planning on a regular basis.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is taken seriously at GGLT, but with people of colour comprising almost 30% of the student population the trust believes it can do more to provide diverse and inclusive leadership that reflects the student experience.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, or you would like to find out more, simply click the button to get in touch