Empower change: Join IRISi in the struggle against gender-based violence
Our vision is a world in which gender-based violence is consistently recognised and addressed as a health issue.
IRISi, established in 2017 as a not-for-profit social enterprise. For almost a decade, IRISi has been at the forefront of addressing Gender-Based Violence (GBV), a pervasive issue disproportionately affecting women and girls across the UK. Their vision is clear – a world where gender-based violence is consistently recognised and addressed as a health issue. Their mission: to promote and enhance healthcare responses to gender-based violence by collaborating closely with health and specialist services.
IRISi are on the lookout for a dedicated Board member with diverse personal and professional backgrounds. The ideal candidates share a deep commitment to IRISi’s mission: improving healthcare responses to gender-based violence. To ensure the Board is well-rounded, they are particularly interested in individuals with experience in:
- Leading and nurturing company strategic and financial planning and forecasting
- A track record of successful fundraising via grant and non-grant sources for companies / not-for-profits / social enterprises
- In-depth knowledge of corporate/third sector financial law and exemplary risk management practices
- Background holding senior (Chief) finance positions in relevant organisations
Qualities they value
- A profound understanding of the impact of violence and abuse on the lives of women and girls.
- A willingness to dedicate time and effort, from meeting preparation to active participation and correspondence.
- Sound independent judgement and constructive opinion expression.
- Willingness to shoulder the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of a Board member.
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equity of opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter or video, outlining your suitability for the role.
- Why do you aspire to be an IRISi Board member?
- How your skills and experiences align with our specific needs (refer to the expertise list above).
- What you hope to achieve in this role.
Closing date: Sunday, 19 November 2023
To learn more about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the detailed candidate brief.
Enquiries: For queries or discussions, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com