Passionate About Nature? Join Avon Wildlife Trust as a Volunteer Trustee!
Avon Wildlife Trust (AWT) seeks two dedicated individuals for Volunteer Trustee roles. An opportunity for those eager to impact people and wildlife
About Avon Wildlife Trust
As one of the UK’s 46 Wildlife Trusts, they’re dedicated to preserving the natural beauty of the West of England. With support from volunteers and members, they manage 30 nature reserves, vital for both wildlife and communities.
The Volunteer Trustee position involves playing a pivotal role in shaping the organisation’s strategic direction. Operating within the Trust’s Board, these individuals will guide the organisation toward its visionary goals, while ensuring the preservation of its charitable purpose and values.
Location: West of England
Time Commitment: Circa 5 hours per month (plus voluntary work)
- Conservation: Nature understanding or wildlife communication skills
- Community Organising: Mobilising for collective causes
- Fundraising: Generating charitable income and strategic fundraising
Competencies, knowledge, and skills:
- Building robust relationships to drive objectives.
- Distinguishing Non-Exec from Executive responsibilities.
- Exercising sound judgment and strategic foresight.
- Collaborating seamlessly within a team dynamic.
- Grasping the legal obligations intrinsic to trusteeship.
- Upholding principles of impartiality, fairness, and confidentiality.
- Embracing core principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
- Championing equality and diversity.
- Demonstrating unwavering commitment and dedicating necessary effort.
- Providing on-demand guidance and insights to staff.
Why Avon Wildlife Trust – Equality, inclusion & diversity
At Avon Wildlife Trust we know the strength that comes from biodiversity. We truly value diverse perspectives in effective leadership. We welcome applications from passionate wildlife enthusiasts of all backgrounds and ethnicities, educational attainment, age and physical ability, faiths and beliefs, gender identities and sexual orientations and family status.
For comprehensive insights into the Trust’s mission and endeavours, explore www.avonwildlifetrust.org.uk
All applications must be submitted by October 9 2023. Interested candidates should email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter detailing your experience and why you wish to join AWT.
For more information about this role please request the candidate pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: For queries or discussions, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com